Who is Evelyn Glennie? Evelyn Glennie Biography
Evelyn Glennie is a Scottish percussionist. Evelyn was selected as one of the two laureates for the Polar Music Prize of 2015. Evelyn started her career as a Musician.
Evelyn Glennie Biography, Wiki, Age
Evelyn Gennie‘s birth took place on 19 July 1965 in Methlick, Aberdeenshire, United Kindom. Evelyn Gennie is 56 years old as of 2021. Evelyn makes many many movies like The Trench (1999), Touch the Sound (2004), See What I’m Saying (2010), and Finding Altamira (2016). Evelyn made many albums like Rhythm Song (1990), Touch the Sound (2004), The Sugar Factory (2007), and Altamira (2016).
In this blog, we talk about Evelyn Glennie Biography, Wiki, Age, Parents, Siblings, Husband, Children, Profession, Career, Movies, Albums, & More
|Real Name||Evelyn Elizabeth Ann Glennie|
|Short Name||Evelyn Glennie|
|Born Day||19 July 1965|
|Born Place||Methlick, Aberdeenshire, United Kindom|
|Age||56 Years Old|
|College, University||Ellon Academy and Royal Academy of Music|
|Home Town||Methlick, Aberdeenshire, United Kindom|
|Father||Herbert Arthur Glennie|
|Current Residence||Not Known|
|Famous as||Scottish percussionist|
Evelyn Glennie Parents, Siblings
Evelyn Glennie’s father’s name is Herbert Arthur Glennie. Evelyn is the only child in her family and there is no information about Evelyn Glennie’s mother.
Evelyn Glennie Husband, Children
Evelyn Glennie marry Greg Malcangi in 1994. In 2003 Evelyn Glennie has been divorced by her husband Greg Malcangi for unreasonable behavior after nine years of marriage. Evelyn Glennie does not have any children.
Evelyn Glennie Career
- Evelyn started her career as a Musician. She has been profoundly deaf since the age of 12. Evelyn Glennie started to lose her hearing at the age of 8. This does not inhibit Evelyn’s ability to perform.
- Evelyn regularly plays barefoot during live performances and studio recordings to feel the music.
- Evelyn Glennie contends that deafness is largely misunderstood by the public.
- Evelyn explains that she taught herself to hear with parts of her body other than her ears. On Evelyn’s website, Evelyn published “Hearing Essay” in which Evelyn discusses her condition.
- Evelyn Glennie also discusses how she feels music in different parts of her body in her TED talk “How To Truly Listen”, published in 2003, and a collection of her speeches and writings are published in Evelyn’s book Listen to World!
- Evelyn Glennie tours all over the world performing as a soloist with a wide variety of orchestras and eclectic musicians. Evelyn conducts master classes, and consultations and engages in motivational speaking. Evelyn Glennie is a leading commissioner of new works for solo percussion.
- Evelyn also plays the Great Highland Bagpipes and has her own registered tartan known as “The Rhythms of Evelyn Glennie”.
- Evelyn Glennie performed at the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games in London 2012, leading a thousand drummers in the opening piece of music, And I Will Kiss, and also playing the Evelyn Glennie Concert Aluphone in Caliban’s Dream during the ceremony for lighting the Olympic cauldron.
- Evelyn Glennie is a patron of the music charity Sound World.
- On 7 April 2021, Evelyn Glennie was named as the Chancellor of Robert Gordon University to succeed Sir Ian Wood in July 2021.
Evelyn Glennie Movies, Albums
Evelyn Glennie’s movie –
- The Trench (1999)
- Touch the Sound (2004)
- See What I’m Saying (2010)
- Finding Altamira (2016)
Evelyn Glennie Albums –
- Rhythm Song (1990)
- Touch the Sound (2004)
- The Sugar Factory (2007)
- Altamira (2016)
Evelyn Glennie Net Worth
Based on the information available on the internet Evelyn Glennie’s net worth is $1-5 million approximately as of 2022.
Evelyn Glennie Social Media
Read Also: Amina Muaddi Wiki
We hope that now you have found all information about Evelyn Glennie Biography, Wiki, Age, Parents, Siblings, Husband, Children, Career, Movies, Albums, Net Worth & More